Silver Swans is a ballet class specifically designed for over 55s. These classes will help improve mobility, posture, co-ordination and energy levels. Most importantly, they are fun, enjoyable, and bring about a sense of wellbeing. Emma Mahony was the first Silver Swans licensed teacher in Ireland; her classes in Dublin have gained huge success since she began teaching Silver Swans ballet in 2017.
Silver Swans ballet was designed by the Royal Academy of Dance and is suitable for both beginners and experienced dancers. There are no age or physical restrictions to join a Silver Swans ballet class. It is a safe learning environment where all abilities and people are welcome. It is never too late to become a ballerina!
There are three options to learn Silver Swans ballet with Emma.
Option A: Saturday morning classes in Baldoyle on a 6-week term basis.
Option B: Wednesday midday classes in Dublin city centre on a drop-in basis.
Option C: One-off workshops on Sundays spaced throughout the year.
Please find further information about each option below...
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6-week terms of Silver Swans ballet in Baldoyle:
Classes held on Saturdays in the Baldoyle Community Hall, Main Street, Baldoyle, Dublin 13.
10am class for experienced dancers and 11am class for beginners.
- Term one: 16th of September to 28th of October (no class on 7th of October)
- Term two: 11th of November to 16th of December
- Term three: 6th of January to 10th of February
- Term four: 24th of February to 30th of March
- Term five: 13th of April to 18th of May
Drop-in classes with Dance Ireland.
- Silver Swans class at 12.15pm on Wednesdays in Dance House, Dublin 1
- Silver Swans class at 1.30pm on Wednesdays in Dance House, Dublin 1
All information and bookings for these classes should be made directly with Dance Ireland.
Once-off Silver Swans workshops
Emma teaches a few once-off Silver Swans workshops throughout the year. These are specialised 90 minute workshops were students will have fun and learn a full ballet dance in one day! The next Silver Swans workshop will take place in early 2024!
- Click here to see a video of our wonderful Silver Swans ballerinas dancing the Odette solo from Swan Lake
Click here to see a video of our amazing Silver Swans ballerinas performing at an event in DanceHouse
- Click here to access a series of four tutorial videos to learn the Cygnets dance from Swan Lake
Emma's Silver Swans classes have been featured extensively in the media with articles about her classes in Image magazine, Dublin Live, The Irish Times and the Dublin Gazette. She has also appeared on Ireland AM, Virgin Media 1, with her Silver Swans students. Her Silver Swans classes have been mentioned on the Marian Finucane Show on RTE Radio 1, with Marty Whelan on Lyric FM and with Jennifer Zamparelli on 2FM.